[This log is no longer being updated. Check out the redesigned What's New Log here.]
October 23, 2003
- A Paypal link has been added above as well as on the Ledge. The necessity of this option is discussed here. I am working very hard on revamping sections of the site and the Blue Letter Archives is first on the list. It looks awesome and will debut in the near future. All of those that make a donation to help us keep this site online though can get a sneak peak now!
- The discographies are finally back online! At 4:15 this morning, I was able to finally make the correction to the script. Apparently I just had to change a string that read tr/a-zA-Z0-9_-.//cd to one that read tr/a-zA-Z0-9_\-.//cd all along! And I mean this literally. Silly me...why did it take so long?
October 18, 2003
- The Penguin is back online now after being unavailable for a week; click here for details on what happened. It is now being hosted on a dedicated server and should be significantly faster. Please report any problems that may encounter to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I already know that the discography and review sections do not work. I am working on correcting that as soon as I can.
August 10, 2003
- Penguin Q&A Sessions - Questions and answers have been added to Bob Welch's section every evening since it started. Check out what has been asked and answered and ask your own questions! Only a week left!
August 05, 2003
- Penguin Q&A Sessions - Added eight more sets of Q&As to the Bob Welch section.
Warning: include(/home/penguin/www/news.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/penguin/public_html/penguin/new.htm on line 132
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/penguin/www/news.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/penguin/public_html/penguin/new.htm on line 132
August 04, 2003
- Penguin Q&A Sessions - I invited Bob Welch back for a second Q&A on The Penguin. It is our first in quite some time! I would encourage everyone to participate as his first one was really great. It is going to start today and run through August 17th. Please head on over and ask some questions! A bunch of questions and answers have already been added too!
July 07, 2003
- Added a rotating banner for Bob Welch: His Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond on The Penguin's entrance page. Added a mention about an upcoming Bob Welch interview to the Second Hand News page.
June 15, 2003
- Added an entry for the upcoming digitally remastered album, Bob Welch: His Fleetwood Mac Years & Beyond.
April 27, 2003
- Chain Links: Removed 26 links that were no longer valid, updated 1 link, and added 4 new ones.
April 19, 2003
- Say You Will: Added more information and images to this discography entry. There are quite a few reviews there now but also plenty of more room for you own!
April 16, 2003
- Second Hand News: Added two more entries; thanks to Johnny Stew and Todd Richards for the submissions.
April 15, 2003
- Say You Will was released today! Add your review ... many others already have. Check them out!
- Second Hand News: Added an update about the Tonight show appearances. Thanks again to Johnny Stew!
April 14, 2003
- Second Hand News: Added an update about the Today show appearances as well as the Dateline interview. Thanks Johnny Stew!
March 8, 2003
- Blue Letter Archives: Added the new Guitar World Acoustic article (thanks to blackcat for the transcription and submission) to the Lindsey Buckingham section and a February USA Today article to the FM section.
- Moved the navigational menu system off of the Lyric Interpretation and Articles Ledge forum and onto the Lyric Interpretations entrance page. It is a very useful menu but it was making that forum very slow to load.
March 6, 2003
- I am pleased to announce that the Lyric Interpretation and Articles forum on The Ledge has been reopened with Lauren as the moderator. We are going to start the lyric interpretations of (what else?) Say You Will soon. Please join us!
- Say You Will: Added a link to Johnny Stew's Ledge post for updated information.
- Blue Letter Archives: Added three Fleetwood Mac articles: Rolling Stone (March 6, 2003), Surround Professional (March 6, 2003), and Yahoo Finance! (March 4, 2003).
February 18 - March 5, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - The changes made in this time period are just too many to list. Corrections and resorting all over the place! John has checked and rechecked everything and I am starting to phase out the old listings. If you see any mistakes with the new set up, please report them.
March 4, 2003
- Added a discography entry for April 15th, Say You Will album!
February 17, 2003
- Added the album covers for the following albums as kindly submitted by John Fitzgerald: Blues From Mars, History of British Blues, Ready For Eddie, Blue Delicacies, Son Of Rock, Blue Jug, Dave Kelly, The Ballad Of Fred The Pixie, Hipshakin' - Live In London, Live At Half Moon Putney, Chicago Blues, Lily The Pink, Homesick James Williamson And Snooky Pryor, and Therfu.
February 16, 2003
- Developed a whole new navigational menu system into the new discography listings. It can be found on the Fleetwood Mac Discography page.
February 09-15, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - 'P' through 'Z' albums have been added-- 779 entries in all. The hierarchy of directories has changed a few times and is probably now (semi-)final. The searches from the solo discographies (Official Fleetwood Mac Albums, Fleetwood Mac Appearances, Solo Appearances) are now operational and display the results in decreasing chronological order (this was no small feat). John Fitzgerald is going to be proofing the new structure against the old to make sure we have everything and I am going to work more on the design. PLEASE do submit reviews for your favorite albums...it looks quite empty now as we just added this option for about 400+ albums that did not have it available before.
- Added the album cover for Me and the Devil; thanks to Mario Pirrone for sending it to us.
February 08, 2003
- Second Hand News - Added entries for Billy Burnette and Rick Vito. Thanks to John Whittle and Rick Vito for the information.
- New Album Discography Directories - I made a few more graphic files for this section and fixed a few of the oddly shaped album covers.
February 07, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - John and I added the 'M' through 'O' albums. Added a photo of each FM member to their respective sections. Fixed a couple of glitches and made some cosmetic changes.
February 06, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - John and I added the 'K' and 'L' albums. Upgraded the script to the latest version (1.06q); fixed the formatting of the search results; added search capabilities for videos.
February 05, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - John and I added the 'H', 'I', and 'J' albums; a slew of errors and formatting of direct album listings were corrected.
February 04, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - John Fitzgerald and I added the 'F' and 'G' albums. Searches for singles and Offical Fleetwood Mac albums were added.
February 03, 2003
- New Album Discography Directories - John Fitzgerald and I integrated the 'D' and 'E' albums; search capabilities for solo guest appearances added; several graphic files were created.
February 02, 2003
- Second Hand News - Added an entry about the upcoming album!
- Added the album cover, link for preordering, and tracklisting for the upcoming Peter Green & The Splinter Group album, Reaching The Cold 100. Thanks to Mario Pirrone and John Fitzgerald for the information and formatting.
- For the past two weeks, John Fitzgerald and I have been working on a new navigational system system for the Penguin's discographies of 700+ albums. It is an extension of the album review script and you can access it here. We recognize that there are still hundreds of albums to be added, hundreds more to be reclassified, and issues with the sorting order and the layout. However, even though this is a work in progress it is quite functional and the submission of album reviews is welcome and strongly encouraged.
- Moved the February important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
January 20, 2003
- Added Legacy...Hymns & Faith, Montgomery Gentry , Chase The Sun, and Almeria Club into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald.
January 13, 2003
- New Waddy Wachtel Section - Check out the link at left for a very, very comprehensive biography, discography, and interview with Waddy Wachtel. Kudos to blackcat for pulling this all together, as it has been very difficult working around Waddy's extremely hectic schedule. He is quite an artist whose discography and experiences read like a Who's Who list for Rock and Roll. And of course he is no stranger to Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks fans. Please check it out...it was a lot of fun helping to put this together and I hope you all enjoy reading it!
January 11, 2003
- Something big is coming...stay tuned.
- Added Live At Perkins Palace, Dressed In Black: A Tribute To Johnny Cash , Forgive, and Room To Breathe into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald.
January 4, 2003
- Added Live At Sunrise, The Art of Levitation, From Clarksdale To Heaven: Remembering John Lee Hooker, and Next Wave into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald.
- Moved the January important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
December 28, 2002
- Added Divas Las Vegas, Up, Long Walk Home ("Rabbit Proof Fence" Soundtrack), C'mon C'mon and This Way into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald. We have now passed the 700 mark for albums indexed in the Penguin's discography-- and 650 album covers too!
December 21, 2002
- Added A Very Special Christmas 5, The Big Night, It Won't Be Christmas Without You, and the upcoming Reaching The Cold 100 into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald.
- Added the lyrics to 'The Big Boat' as provided by John Fitzgerald.
December 15, 2002
- Added Cry into the discography as formatted by John Fitzgerald. John has graciously volunteered to help me format albums for the discography now. Albums will therefore soon be added on an accelerated basis.
- Second Hand News - Added an entry about the Music Choice concert series which is currently airing. Thanks to blackcat and Patti for the information.
December 8, 2002
- The Penguin has been moved to a dedicated server. As long as I can afford to keep it here, I anticipate the site serving faster and my bandwidth and apache issues should be solved.
- Moved the December important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
November 29, 2002
- The Ledge has been updated to the latest version, 2.2.9. Version 3.0 is apparently being released soon with a slew of new features.
November 3, 2002
- Added the album covers for The Last DJ, Sin City '77, Almanac, and Live Ivory. Thanks to John Fitzgerald and Johannes Dittler for the submissions.
- Moved the November important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
September 8, 2002
- Added the recently released 2-CD set, 'Jumping At Shadows' into the discography.
September 6, 2002
- Added the upcoming Tom Petty album 'The Last DJ' into the discography; Lindsey Buckingham sings back-up vocals on one of the songs.
August 31, 2002
- Added the album cover for 'The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac'; a link has also been provided to pre-order this album too if you would like.
- Added the upcoming release of The Mick Fleetwood Story - Two Sticks and a Drum into the videography. Added an entry for it to the Second Hand News page too.
- I realize that quite a few other albums/DVDs have either just been released or are on the horizon. I'll try to incorporate them all shortly.
August 25, 2002
- Added the upcoming 'The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac' into the discography.
July 13, 2002
- Upgraded the Ledge boards to the latest software version (2.2.6). The Ledge will be unavailable for periods of time due to limitations on bandwidth and apache usage.
- Moved the July important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
April 26, 2002
- Second Hand News - Added new news for Mick Fleetwood and information about the upcoming Peter Green & The Splinter Group US tour. Thanks to Joe Panackia, Mario Pirrone, and Neil Forker for the information.
- The Penguin Concert Information & Reviews - In addition to listing the US tour dates, the review script has been added for this tour. If you attend, please submit one!
April 14, 2002
- Posted the correct answers and the list of those who submitted correct answers for the new Mac Mystery Music Montage. Congratulations to our random winner-- John Fitzgerald. A new (much harder!) contest has been posted and will run through the end of May. Give it a try! Thanks to Brian for running these contests.
- Stevie Nicks Songbooks - Added additional information and a scan of the Wildheart songbook cover. Thanks to Jim for sending it.
- Second Hand News - Added a congratulatory note about the birth of Mick and Lynn Fleetwood's twin daughters.
- Second Hand News - Added the current news blurb in People Magazine. Thanks to Barbara for posting it on The Ledge.
- Added the album cover and album review script for Transatlantic 770. Thanks to John Fitzgerald for the submission.
- Moved the April important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
February 10, 2002
- Reinstated the Mac Mystery Music Montage. Give it a listen-- you could win! Thanks to Brian for preparing and hosting the clips as well as for grading the submissions.
- Second Hand News: Added new entries for Peter Green and Billy Burnette. Thanks to Mario Pirrone and Michele Mategrano, repectively, for the information.
February 2, 2002
- The Penguin Store has been closed. Due to essentially non-existent photo and album sales, I can no longer justify the monthly charges for the credit card merchant and gateway accounts. The site will be unavailable from time to time as bandwidth quotas are reached. The calendar project has been completed too; we thanks those that purchased them. This was the last year we will be offering calendars for sale.
- The Penguin Photo Gallery - Added this back but the photos are being sold by other companies. At this time we are no longer offering photos directly. Links through these stores are appreciated and will help us meet the site's costs. Please check it out.
- Moved the February important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
January 28, 2002
- Second Hand News: Added two entries for Stevie Nicks.
- This will be the final week to order the Rumours 2002 Calendars; we still have some left! It is also actually the last week to order any photos or albums from The Penguin website.
- Added Sas Band into the discography. Thanks to John Fitzgerald for the entry.
January 20, 2002
Also available are the What's New additions to the Penguin from early 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996 and 1995.
- Added a fantastic and much more detailed biography of Rick Vito as written by Dr. Joern Rossa. There are also three pictures provided by him and the format of the biography was updated from the old to the new style in the process.
- Second Hand News: Added a blurb about the upcoming Fleetwood Mac album. Thanks to Julie for sending it to us.
- Added the album covers (kindly provided by John Fitzgerald) and album review scripts for Skatetown USA and Jimmy Barnes.
- Moved the January important dates up to the main page onto the scrollbar.
Copyright © 1995-2002, Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved.